RoboThespian >> RoboThespian Quickstart
- 1 Quick Start Guide
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Minimum Installation Requirements
- 1.3 Do's and Don'ts
- 1.4 Unpacking and Assembly
- 1.5 Setting up the supplied compressor
- 1.6 Starting up RoboThespian
- 1.7 Control your RoboThespian from the touchscreen kiosk
- 1.8 Access RoboThespian's Control Panel
- 1.9 Shutdown procedure
- 1.10 Explore further features
Quick Start Guide
This is a guide to first installation and operation of RoboThespian aimed at new customers.
Minimum Installation Requirements
- Suitable for indoor use only. Recommended room temperature: 10°C - 30°C, relative humidity: 45% - 60%
- Standard domestic mains power in the range 100v - 250v AC
- A barrier to prevent contact between visitors and RoboThespian.
- Wired internet network connection - required for remote support, fault resolution, and the application of updates and new software/content features.
- Un-oiled, compressed air at 6bar, filtered to 10µm. Peak air consumption 30L/min at 6bar maximum, on average consumption is much less.
- Airline connection to robot is via an 8mm outside diameter Push-In-Fitting.
- Extra 8mm outside diameter polyeurethane tubing can be supplied on request.
- Wired internet connection with good bandwidth - see Network Setup
Do's and Don'ts
Do follow the instructions in this wiki
Do maintain your RoboThespian to ensure it operates safely
Do switch off your RoboThespian if it is damaged or malfunctioning
Do treat your RoboThespian with care and respect
Don't allow visitors to touch RoboThespian
Don't disconnect any air or electrical connections while RoboThespian is switched on or has the compressed air supply connected
Don't use solvent cleaners or abrasive pads on RoboThespian
Don't make modifications or alterations to any settings without consulting the manufacturer first
Don't remove any covers to electrical components unless instructed to do so
Don't hotplug any cables. Shut down robot and disconnect mains power before plugging / unplugging any cable
Unpacking and Assembly
How to unpack and assemble your robot.
See RoboThespian Unpacking & Assembly and watch the video.
Setting up the supplied compressor
If your RoboThespian is supplied with a compressor please see Compressor Unpacking and Assembly
Starting up RoboThespian
RoboThespian and the touchscreen kiosk will start up automatically as soon as they are plugged into the mains power.
Control your RoboThespian from the touchscreen kiosk
The touchscreen kiosk offers you and your visitors an intuitive and easy way to interact with RoboThespian.
Now that your robot is up and running, get familiar with the features of the Touchscreen
Access RoboThespian's Control Panel
When connected to your LAN, you can access and control RoboThespian and modify settings.
Please see Control_Panel for further details.
RoboThespian contains a PC and like any PC should be shut down fully before removing mains power.
Please see RoboThespian Shut Down for further details.
Explore further features
See http://wiki.engineeredarts.co.uk/Main_Page#Features and click on a feature to find out more
For more information and troubleshooting, please explore the links in the wiki, http://wiki.engineeredarts.co.uk/, or contact Engineered Arts if you can not find the information you are looking for in the wiki.